Michael Janofsky, a newly minted freelance writer, was hired to ghostwrite blog posts for an exiled crown prince of a United Arab Emirate:
The last I heard, the Sheikh was under house arrest, and his security guy was in jail.
This was not the way it was supposed to turn out. The Sheikh’s idea was for it to end in triumph, with his grand return to the royal palace, flags waving, trumpets blaring, the masses applauding; new alliances with the West, the possibility of a two-state solution for Israelis and Palestinians, peace and democracy in the Middle East.
Well, maybe that last part is a stretch, but the rest of it was the intended endgame, and since I was the Sheik’s voice, who knows?
What a story.
- tabletmycat likes this
- certaindisarray reblogged this from lareviewofbooks and added:
- shewasmadeofdreams reblogged this from lareviewofbooks
- pierrekilder likes this
- 2minichinz likes this
- voltager likes this
- gregorychatman likes this
- nothing2c likes this
- carlieag likes this
- returnjon reblogged this from lareviewofbooks and added:
- scrisori-de-sertar likes this
- lareviewofbooks posted this